Sunday, February 22, 2009

Using Energy

This is probably going to be a redundant thing to most moms, but let's just say that sometimes I'm a little bit behind. Anyway, I realized today, while getting the things together for roasting some chicken leg quarters, and making some white rice to go with it - instead of roasting the chicken in the oven, and cooking the rice on the stove or in the microwave, why don't I put the rice and other rice cooking ingredients in a dish with a lid (like a corning ware or pyrex type dish), put the lid on and stick it in the oven with the chicken. This way instead of using electricity for the chicken and gas for the rice, I use the same amount of electricity for both the chicken and the rice at the same time. I'll let you know how it goes.

Better late than never :)

1 comment:

  1. This worked great! I left the rice covered the whole time and when it was done, it was not sticky or mushy, but it was done all the way through with no chewy or hard spots.

    ReplyDelete